Don't let your heart be troubled

My father-in-law uses this quote often. It is a good reminder that no matter how life is going, we have an eternal hope and perspective.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southern, California, United States

I'm married to my wonderful husband, I have 3 kids, and a Rosy (Italian Greyhound). I homeschool and teach math at the local high school. I enjoy running with friends.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Alisa's Birthday Party


Alisa took 2 friends to the Cabrillo Aquarium in San Pedro.
It was a beautiful day and there were lots of activities to do and lots of things to look at. There's some fish!!

We first went to a slide show for a low tidepool walk. They showed us slides of animal that we could potentially see in the tidepools. It was very informative and because it was a super low tide, we were able to see most all the animals that they told us. These are actual pictures from tidepools by the ocean.



Hermit crab, anyone??









This is a touch tank inside the aquarium. Josh didn't want to touch anything. He finally became brave enough to touch the starfish. . . and that's it!






The kids could crawl under this and see the kelp and fish underneath. Now you know what they would look like in a fish bowl.





Plus they had a place for dressing up like different sea creatures.








The Joshie Crab. . .








He was a little nervous about the Great Grey Shark!










They ended with doing some crafts on pelicans and making bookmarks.



Overall, it was successful day! Alisa turns eight on Dec. 9. She's getting soooo old.











3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally found your blog! Did you know your profile says your age is 250? Is that some sort of math joke? The pictures here are wonderful. Take care!

2:22 PM  
Blogger ksquared said...

I'm so glad you found me!!
Thanks for alerting me to the mistake. It must have happened in the switch over update. It had the year that I was born as 1756!!
Yeah.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally got a chance to sit down and look for a bit. Too bad the pictures for Krista's birthday aren't up.
Your kids are getting so big! Wish I could be there to see them in person!
Miss you!

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home